Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We Have Nothing to Fear...

This week I am working on a sermon for a new tradition at our church, The Hanging of the Green. I was wandering through Luke and just noticed how many times fear is mentioned. Study for yourself, but I found 4 places in the first two chapters.

This got me to thinking about what we fear, and the idea of decorating the church together with that idea (our fears) brought to my mind the mental image of the pictures of fear that we hang in our hearts. Maybe we were scared by a snake when we were young, and that picture still hangs in our heart to this day. Whatever we have hung in our hearts will remain until the Lord gives us the grace to remove these pictures by the power of the gospel and replace them with pictures of grace.

So, what's hanging in your heart today?

No comments:

Post a Comment